Evening Folks, Today’s post is regarding a few news items and issues that I wanted to wrap up before I go on vacation:
1. Just wanted to remind everyone that I will be traveling to Jordan day after tomorrow so I won’t be updating the blog as often cause I’ll probably be busy seeing family in Amman. I will be away from 2 weeks but that doesn’t mean I wont be checking my mail and messages… I might even write an article or two if inspiration hits me.
2. I still haven’t heard anything from you guys about a good Pay It Forward Program .
Funny Enough I got an update in the mail from the voices.com vox daily blog and it contained a few ideas regarding introducing an intern to the business and having a kind of handing over of the torch situation… here is the link for those interested:
So please think about it… we want to set up something to help others in the business with issues that are becoming an obstacle to them whether it be hardware, software, or business related.
3. I’d appreciate it if you guys told people about the directory… The blog and the directory are my efforts at Paying It forward to the community and I want as many people to benefit from it as possible… right now we’re at 215+ websites which is not bad… but I am sure that there are more websites that provide casting that we can add to that list… here is a link to the list if you’ve not been there yet:
4. Regarding the problems that were happening on the voiceover-casting.com website. Basically what was happening is that someone was opening fake accounts using malicious programs. These programs would go and open several accounts then post advertising like posts for whatever their programmer wanted to advertise. After contacting Fernanda I found out that Brian is on vacation for a month (if memory serves me correctly) and since the website was not her responsibility she directed me to her boss Fernando who I contacted and who cleared the whole issue within minutes. You might not be aware but Fernando right now is in spain handling a big voice Synthesis job and Fernanda is holding the fort in Brazil. The problem should be cleared next month when the buddypress platform that is being used to run voiceover-casting.com will be updated to include a capcha addon (capchas are those weird images with numbers and letters that are used to verify that the person opening an account at a website like ours is infact human and not a program.
5. What else… Oh yes… I have opened a program I am calling Taji’s Voice Over Sentinels. What that means is that if you like a voice over related piece of news and you want to share it with my readers then please just send me a note on the voiceover-casting.com system or contact me at this email
6. Don’t forget that I am also pretty active on LinkedIn.com so if you would like to connect just look for Mahmoud Taji (das ma name don’ wear it out) and I usually accept connections quickly.. unless I don’t like you at which case you can feel paranoid and left out… Just kidding… or am I?
7. I also have a group on linkedin called Taji’s voice over casting group… if you are in casting or you are a talent… please… join in! here is a link to the group:
That’s it for now… I’ll take my microphone and laptop with me in case any VO jobs come up so if you have an Arabic Language project … you can email me at this email
and we can hook you up with some sweet VO goodness.
be good to each other while I be gone now!