Since I don’t have anything to write about today I decided to make it a bits and pieces post. As some of you might know that is when I go through the intertubes and get you interesting voice over related news that you might find amusing:
1. My friend and fellow Canadian Douglas DeNance sent me a tweet today with an interesting link for something called Voice Over Star this is a voice over competition that promises $1,000 to the winner and is run by a company called desktop epics… go to the link to register if you are interested in this
2. Congratulations to our very own Paul Strikwerda for winning top prize at a voices.com testimonial writing competition. Paul’s prize is a $500 certificate to audio provider Sound Water and press promotion through voices.com. Paul Don’t forget us when you’re rich and famous 😉
3. I have started a voice over casting group on linkedin called Taji’s Voice Over Casting Group yes I know the name is original and should win prizes in the next county fair . Click the link and join the group. Everyone is welcome (except you… yeah you in the back)
4. For those of you who might be marginally interested. I decided to build a second website (the first being my own personal website) and I called it www.arabicvo.com and will use it as an information portal for potential clients who might be interested in learning more about the Arabic language and what they might need in their upcoming projects. I’m regularly inundated with more or less the same questions … this way I can just give them a link instead of having to write the same thing over and over.
5. Voice Over Master and fellow blogger Mr. Bob Souer recently updated his website from the slightly drab white and blue to the more fab site you can see here this is a good move on Bob’s part cause the old site was getting a little long in the tooth. The upgrade also includes his boblog. Good On Ya Mate! Also while I’m at it… here’s an interview with Bob conducted by Tracy Pattin
6. Rob Lee (The Mythbuster’s Narrator) tweets that fellow mythbuster Kari Byron gave birth to little baby Stella. Congrats Kari and Thanks for keeping us in the loop Rob! and discovering something to do while you commute.
7. Fellow Blogger and VO business man Peter O’Connell recently sent out a Media Release Announcing the formation of O’Connell Communications LLC. which is an umbrella company that will serve as the Mother company for his 4 existing companies. You can read the media release here.
8. Jacob Horney of VoiceArchive wrote an article that was included in his company’s latest newletter… its Called “Getting your room Acoustics right” and gives you practical advice on fixing any acoustic issues you might have in your home studio. You can read the article here.
9. I wanted to implement a Pay It Forward System so that we may help voice over talent who might be having problems or need advice. If any of my readers can suggest some kind of Pay It Forward System I am open for suggestions. It has to be free and it has to be something you give willingly for the betterment of our brethren in the industry.
that’s it for now.
Live long and prosper,